[This folder has not been completely edited. The documents do not have images or complete database information. In addition, the folder target (editorial description) has not yet been written.]
This document is the program for the dedication of a commemorative tablet donated by the Edison Pioneers, which was placed near the site of Edison's Menlo Park Laboratory to commemorate its fiftieth anniversary. The dedication exercises were held at Menlo Park on May 16, 1925, and Mina M. Edison formally unveiled the tablet. A page entitled "Order of Exercises" indicates that there were addresses by Charles L. Clarke, president of the Edison Pioneers; John W. Lieb, vice president of the New York Edison Co.; New Jersey Governor George S. Silzer; Dr. John G. Hibben, president of Princeton University; Edwin W. Rice, Jr., honorary chairman of the board of General Electric Co.; and Edison's former secretary Samuel Insull, president of Commonwealth Edison Co. of Chicago. A four-page list of guests, including Edison and his family, also appears in the program, along with a photograph of the tablet, an autographed photograph of Edison, lists of officers of the Edison Pioneers and the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies, and a map showing the locations of Edison buildings at Menlo Park. At the end of the program is a dedication by Richard R. Bowker, past president of the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies.
Chautauqua Institution Archives, Chautauqua, N.Y. -- Oliver Archives Center